Saturday 9 April 2011

Dippity Dawg


I like Dippity.  I don't like the fact that you can only upload images from Flickr or Picasa, videos from YouTube or Vimeo, and music from Last.fm and Pandora.  Perhaps there are ways if you know HTML code, but I'm not that advanced. 

I did like the way you can auto-populate from blogs and other sources such as news events - a neat alternative presentation of existing content.  If I had more time I could spend more work seeing how to make video links in the blog entries live, etc.

The main use is pretty obvious, i.e. a student project where the subject content is spread over time, be that days (e.g. the Cuban Missile Crisis), weeks (e.g. following an election), months (e.g. Jessica Watson's circum-navigation), years (e.g. the Vietnam War), decades (e.g. advances in ICTs), centuries (e.g. Rise and Fall of Greek, Roman and Ottoman Empires), millenia and more (e.g. geological creation of the continents). Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment