Tuesday 8 March 2011

Pre-reflection reflections

Week 1 was supposed to be over on Sunday.  I still haven't finished the tasks.  I still need to blog my reflections of Week 1.  Here's a start - my time-sheet for Week 1.  We are supposed to allocate 10-12 hours a week to each of our four courses.  Here's how I spent my time on the first of my courses (ICTs for Learning Design):-

Moodle and Wiki issues

Finding way around, reading and answering forum posts
2

Reading course tasks in several locations, emails, etc
1

Blog

Creating own blog, registering, formatting, first entry, gadgets, etc
2

Voki

Reading about use in classrooms of and designing Voki
1
Learning Style
Reading Felder and Solomon + doing questionnaire
1

Reading around subject
1

Blogging
0.75

Multiple Intelligences


Watching both Sir Ken Robinson’s videos, recording thoughts
1

Reading BGfL notes + doing questionnaire
0.75

Considering results of others and posting on forum
0.75

Reading around and Blogging
1.25

21st Century Learners

Reading 4 articles plus reading around
3

Considering, reflecting, blogging
3

Learning Theory

Reading Profile Wikis and cohorts blogs to choose partner for PMI
3

Set reading
1

Reading Jigsaw Wiki
1.5

My PMI
0.75

Reflecting

Considering reflections scaffold and writing notes
2

Viewing others’ blogs
3

Vyew

Registering and tutorial
0.75

Forum posts/emails

Reading, contributing
3


33.5 hours

...and that's a conservative recording.  I spent more time getting lost, crashing my PC, crying like a baby ;o) etc, than I've recorded.  On top of that, I've spent around 5 hours helping, advising and consoling my course colleagues.  40 hours, easy.  Not 40 easy hours.  40 interesting hours though.  Why?  Why on ICTs alone?  Our first assignment is in ICTs and is due in 10 days time.

First reflection then?  I'm spending waaaaay too much time on ICTs.  Is this first week indicative of the time this course is going to take up every week?  If so, what am I going to do?  I have until 22 March to drop two courses (I've not even looked at) and go part-time, without financial penalties.

Advice anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Advice? Buck up and complete last weeks work. Please? Oh and thanks for taking time to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your priorities need re evaluating . Less time on blogging and learning IT and more on more inportant topics

    ReplyDelete