Saturday 12 March 2011

A blessing in disguise

So with my ICT notes being held hostage by my desktop PC (on the blink, see last post), I was forced encouraged to read my Pedagogical Content Knowledge notes.  It's two weeks since I was introduced to the subject at Res School, so I'm playing catch-up (fortunately, I'm a speed reader).  Nagging at the back of my mind when doing the previous ITC course task was the thought that I'd come across a pretty good Learning Design Framework somewhere before.

Here it is - http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/file.php/11801/EPL_templates/2010_LEP_Final.doc. I assume it was drafted (or at least posted) by the PCK Course Coordinator, Rickie Fisher. 

Whilst it does not explicitly combine Bloom's Revised Taxonomy (Bloom's) and Kearsley and Shneiderman's Engagement Theory (ET), these can easily be encompassed.  For example, Bloom's fits neatly under "Intended Learning Outcomes" as can the the Donate principle of ET.  The Relate and Create elements of ET fit well within the main body of the "Learning Processes and Procedures" to be employed, e.g. a learner-driven collaborative project.

I have attempted to get Word to publish the linked Learning Experience Plan/Learning Design Framework directly to this blog.  Word tells me it has done so, but I've not seen it post yet.  Fingers crossed...

In the meantime, note to self: "Keep up with the your reading in all subjects!".

No comments:

Post a Comment